Saturday, June 16, 2007

RAJINI..........Paere kaete odanae adhuradille????????

Yes very much..........the name of this Tamil oops Indias superstar will no doubt send shivers down the spines of his rivals. He is an immortal superstar of the Indian film industry. Like many other Indians he is my all time favorite hero. Why I, like many others look upon him as
a superstar???as they sing in the movie avan nedapadhu istyle, siripadhu istyle..... yes he has style in his walk, talk, smile, its just in his blood.

Now let me get to the topic....SIVAJI..the awaited film of the year was released all over the world on 15th of June. While there were people in India waiting to get their hands on the ticket, I already had them in
my pocket. I was all the more delighted to know that I had bought the tickets for a very low price of 16 USD (640Rs) when there were people back in India buying it for a price anywhere between 1000 to 2000Rs.The week of release, my prime time pass was to read the flashing news about the movie, the crowd craze for the movie etc etc and enjoy the hype surrounding his movie. This only aggravated my desperateness to see the movie.

Finally, the D day arrived… I would be watching my first Tamil movie and that too Rajini s movie in the theatre. We reached the theatre at 8:30pm for the 9:30pm show. I was perplexed to see such a long queue for a regional movie in United states. Queue was full of people with overflowing enthusiasm and why not it was their superstars movie after all. They had his face printed on the front of their T-shirts and the movie name embossed at the back of it.

Despite of going so early we could manage to get only the second row in the middle. We had this group of Rajini fanatics sitting in front of us. They were so much taken by the fact that they were going to see the movie, that they clicked numerous photos, shouted slogans in favor of Rajini.This was not all. After one hour of me restlessly moving in my chair, I finally got to see the movie start. The appearance of the name of the movie was received with a round of applause and hoooooooos.Then came flashing across the screen the name 'Rajini Kanth' this had the crowds adrenaline rush to high levels making the atmosphere electric and I mean seriously electric.8 mins after that what we have..... here comes our hero finally, the crowd went ballistic on seeing him, there were people at the screen kissing his image, saluting him and were on their knees before him. The waste shredded papers made their way into the hall only to be thrown at him, it was meant to be the flowers by the devotees alias the fans to their god RAJINI.For few minutes,I sat there agape, looking at this and had my consciences shouting "hellooooo..... can anyone tell me whether Iam in Chennai or USA".Phewwwwwww that day I realized what an impact Rajini had on his fans.

The movie had all in it, Rajini's style, the punch lines, action good music but the director failed to maintain the story line.The first half was a only comedy with lots of songs, and off the track. In the second half the director tries to focus on what actually should have been the theme of the movie but again it wavers off which he tries to pull it back on track. The songs were shot utifully,and with loads of extravaganza, the last song being my personal favourite.Rahman was at his best with music composition as always. Overall it was a mediocre movie garnished with
the element called Rajini.

At the end of the day, I was neither happy nor disappointed with the movie. I was totally enthralled by seeing the magnitude of craze people had for this man. I can confidently say that no Big B no SRK,no Rajkumar or no religion has fanatics following them in such a large number. Till now I have been pondering as to "what does this man have, in him that has made whole world go crazy over him” ...I had no answer. I can only conclude saying that this man certainly has some extraordinary talent and power within him, which is unseen and can only be felt.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant believe that here in US also people did all that you wrote :) His style is the biggest plus point he has I guess and thats what makes him very unique. And am sure most of them watch his movies for that :) me being one of them ;)

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog !

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.